Women's imaging center in Panama City, Florida
When you need a breast exam, our specialists provide advanced imaging options and full-service care.
At HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital, our breast imaging center offers comprehensive breast diagnostics. We are dedicated to finding breast cancer and other breast conditions early and providing patients with the highest quality of care.
This is the lead-in copy that can provide a reinforcing statement.
Our breast imaging program
Our breast health specialists offer breast screenings, advanced diagnostics and breast health education.
Breast imaging and diagnostics we offer
We offer a variety of breast health services, including:
- 3D digital mammography: A 3D mammogram uses low-dose X-rays and 3D imagery to scan the breasts for signs of breast cancer. Because of the 3D images, breast cancer can be detected easier and earlier, resulting in improved patient treatment outcomes.
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): This test involves MRI, which uses a strong magnetic field and radiowaves to create detailed images of organs and tissues inside the body. A breast MRI can detect cancers and abnormalities in the breasts.
- Breast ultrasound: A breast ultrasound uses soundwaves to detect tumors or other breast abnormalities.
- Stereotactic biopsy: This procedure uses a computer and imaging equipment to obtain a tissue sample of breast tissue for analysis.
To schedule an appointment for a breast exam, please call (850) 747-7775.
3D digital mammography
A 3D mammogram is similar to having a conventional mammogram. Like a conventional mammogram, the technologist will position you, compress your breast and take images from different angles. However, 3D mammograms are proven to be more accurate than 2D mammograms.
The enhanced accuracy is due to the device capturing multiple images, or "slices," of the breast from several angles, creating a multi-layered breast image. Your doctor is then able to review your breast, one thin layer at a time, almost like turning pages in a book, which helps them detect cancer sooner and make a more accurate diagnosis.
Additionally, compared to traditional, film mammograms, digital mammograms are easier for doctors to analyze, share and store because they can do so electronically.
Full-service breast care
Should breast cancer be detected, we provide a comprehensive oncology program, which provides you access to:
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Comprehensive care, including a full range of services
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Quality breast care close to home
For more information about our breast care program, please contact our women's health nurse navigator at (850) 747-7730.
Accredited breast care
We are proud to have received national recognition for our breast care services.
Excellence in breast imaging
Our hospital is the first facility in Bay County designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. This recognition is awarded to facilities that have achieved accreditation in all breast imaging modalities — mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI and stereotactic biopsy.
Additionally, we are accredited by the American College of Surgeons' National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers for our comprehensive breast care program.
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
Looking for another location?