Spine specialists, who can be orthopedists or neurosurgeons, diagnose and treat injuries, trauma and diseases related to the spine. Spine care doctors also offer care for herniated discs, nerve damage, sciatica, neck pain or chronic back pain.
Spine care center in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Our spine doctors, such as orthopedists and neurosurgeons, diagnose and treat problems linked to your spine.
At HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, we can help with neck and back pain as well as injuries, trauma and diseases related to the spine. You may need to see a spine specialist if you have a herniated disk, nerve damage, sciatica or chronic back pain. Our team works together to determine the most effective treatment that will relieve your pain and restore your mobility and quality of life.
Spine conditions we treat
Our spine program offers highly trained back doctors, nurses, physical therapists and other medical professionals. They diagnose and treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Arm and leg pain, numbness or weakness
- Artificial cervical disc replacement
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Motor vehicle accident injuries
- Neck and back pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal trauma and fractures
- Spinal tumors
- Work-related injuries
Our spine care services
Our program offers a variety of services, including surgery, to help patients with back, neck and spine conditions.
Our orthopedic care program reserves spine surgery as a last resort to treatment. However, if surgery is needed, our spine surgeons use advanced surgical technology. We provide minimally invasive spine procedures, which allow for shorter hospital stays and quicker recoveries.
After surgery, our physical therapy and rehabilitation program helps our patients get back on their feet to promote healthy, full recoveries.
Spine patient navigator
Our spine patient navigator will help patients prepare for surgery and learn what to expect after their procedure.
The navigator's role is to provide education, support and coordination to help patients through the process of spine surgery. This includes:
- Facilitating communication between all members of the healthcare team
- Ensuring patients are aware of the educational offerings for their upcoming surgery
- Helping patients understand the necessary pre-planning before surgery, such as arranging for home help, pet care and preparing your home
- Serving as a reliable and trusted resource
- Visiting patients during their hospital stays
To contact our spine patient navigator directly, please call (850) 315-8259.
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
Looking for a location?
Our Spine care Locations