Healthcare that's as unique as you are.
At HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital, we show up for your health. Our multidisciplinary teams partner with you to create personalized care plans, and as part of Florida’s largest network of care, we provide you with the exact expertise and resources you need.
Advanced healthcare services in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
In partnership with HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital, and part of our parent company, HCA Healthcare, Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is now HCA Fort Walton-Destin Hospital. We are a 267-bed, top-performing acute care hospital with over 300 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the Tri-County area. We offer an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, a Cancer Care Center and advanced care for critically ill patients. Our services include open-heart surgery and a wide range of specialties as well as emergency services at our main emergency room (ER), pediatric ER and two freestanding ERs.
Why people choose us
Our hospital is committed to offering advanced healthcare services with a compassionate, patient-focused approach in the Fort Walton Beach community.
- 24/7 ER with a dedicated Pediatric ER and two free standing ERs in Destin and Navarre
- Behavioral health psychiatric center
- Breast center with 3D mammography
- Cancer care center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular program
- Inpatient acute rehabilitation
- Level II Trauma Center
- Women's and Children's Center with Level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center designated by the American College of Cardiology
- Primary Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission
- Accredited cancer program designated by the Commission on Cancer
Awards and recognition
- Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) — Gold Plus Target Stroke Award for Stroke Care from the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association
- Coronary Intervention Excellence Award from Healthgrades (2021)
- Hospital Safety Grade A from Leapfrog (2018-2019)
- Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award from Healthgrades (2021)
- Vaginal Delivery 5-Star Recipient from Healthgrades (2019)
Our emergency department's multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses are skilled in emergency care. They are available 24/7 to provide you with a full spectrum of care that addresses exactly what you need. We offer fast assessments and shorter-than-average wait times.
We offer a wide range of heart treatments and services. Our experienced cardiac specialists and staff are dedicated to helping you maintain and restore your heart health.
Preparing for your visit
We strive to inform patients about financial expectations regarding healthcare services and prepare them for upcoming procedures.
We want our patients' visitors to be informed and have pleasant experiences. To do that, we provide information regarding our visitor services and policies, guest Wi-Fi access, community partnerships and other resources.Visitor services and policies keyboard_arrow_right
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records - lab results, physician notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physician or caregiver
- And more
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.