For patients at HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital
Information, guidance and resources for our patients
Because patient care is our most important job, HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital is committed to creating an environment that is safe and comfortable for our guests and visitors. Our unique programs and services are designed to make your experience here exceptional.
Preregister for an appointment
At HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital, we know your time is valuable. That’s why we offer convenient online pre-registration for services such as surgical procedures, mammograms and diagnostic tests and treatments.
Patient policies and procedures
HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital strives to give patients the best experience possible by creating and carrying out patient-focused policies and procedures.
For our veterans
Thank you for your service to our country — we appreciate and highly regard the sacrifices you have made.
As an Optum Provider through the VA Community Care Network, we provide veteran-centric care. This means we provide access to highly trained physicians and team members who offer everything from case management to outpatient services. HCA Healthcare, the parent company of HCA Twin Cities Hospital, was recognized by Military Times as one of the country's best employers for veterans based on the organization's military-connected employment programs, benefits and support efforts. The Military Times Best for Vets: Employers ranking is a highly respected analysis of efforts to internally and externally connect with veterans.
We are proud to employ 40 veterans in our community. It is an honor to work with those who have served our country and are committed to serving the Niceville area through their various roles at HCA Twin Cities Hospital. We invite you to choose our facility for your healthcare needs when specific VA services are unavailable.
We provide many unique programs and services, offering patients and their families convenient emergency care and the emotional, psychological and educational support they need. We spend a great deal of time and effort to create a safe and comfortable environment for patients, visitors and guests. There are many policies and procedures in place to ensure safety. Patients and visitors still need to take precautions to safeguard their well-being:
- You may come in contact with many different people who will ask the same type of questions several times. Please be patient, as this is done to provide safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
- Please bring any past medical records you may have.
- If you or your loved one has any special needs, let your nurse know to provide special considerations.
- Ask what to expect while you or your loved one is in the hospital.
- If you have any questions for your doctor or nurse, write the questions down as you think of them; that way, you will not forget them. When your doctor or nurse comes to see you, refer to your list of questions.
- We want you to understand everything we are doing for you or your loved one. If you did not understand the answer to your question, ask the person to explain the answer to you again until you do.
- Please do not leave visiting children unattended.
- There are areas in the hospital visitors cannot go. Please read all signs in the areas you are in.
- You may hear what is called a "code" over the speakers. If you need to do anything special, your nurse will inform you.
Recovering from an illness or injury in the privacy of your own rooms adds extraordinary value to your hospital experience. We proudly offer personalized care in all-private rooms, which can help speed recovery and lower the chances of infection. Additionally, private rooms allow patients to experience lower stress levels and fewer interruptions in the rest they need to recover quickly.
One Medical Passport
Medical passports are secure, online patient-controlled accounts providing medical history information. Patients can send information to their healthcare team and easily update their One Medical Passport for any subsequent procedures.
Consult-A-Nurse is a free service we offer to help our patients with a variety of healthcare-related needs.
Our nurses are here for you.
Our nurses and referral specialists are available to assist you with:
- Answering healthcare questions
- Finding a doctor and making an appointment
- Registering for classes and events
You can contact our nurses 24 hours a day by phone.
Navigating the healthcare process
HCA Florida hospitals are dedicated to supporting our patients and helping them navigate the healthcare process.
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records - lab results, physicians notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physicians or caregiver
- And more