For patients at HCA Florida Lake City Hospital
Information, guidance and resources for our patients
Because patient care is our most important job, HCA Florida Lake City Hospital is committed to creating an environment that is safe and comfortable for our guests and visitors. Our unique programs and services are designed to make your experience here exceptional.
Preregister for an appointment
At HCA Florida Lake City Hospital, we know your time is valuable. That’s why we offer convenient online pre-registration for services such as surgical procedures, mammograms and diagnostic tests and treatments.
Patient policies and procedures
HCA Florida Lake City Hospital strives to give patients the best experience possible by creating and carrying out patient-focused policies and procedures.
HCA Florida Lake City Hospital provides many unique programs and services. Our patient care services provide both patients and families with quick, convenient emergency care and the emotional, psychological and educational support they need.
A hospital can be a place where patients and visitors may be under great stress. Because of this, HCA Florida Lake City Hospital spends a great deal of time and effort to create an environment that is safe and comfortable for its patients, visitors and guests. Many policies and procedures are in place to ensure safety. Patients and visitors will still need to take some precautions to safeguard their own well being.
- You will come in contact with many different people who will ask you the same types of questions several times. Please be patient. This is done to provide safe and effective care for every patient who walks through our doors.
- Please bring any past medical records you may have.
- If you or your loved one has any special needs, let your nurse know so that special considerations can be provided.
- Ask what to expect while you or your loved one is in the hospital.
- If you have any questions for your doctor or nurse, write the questions down as you think of them so you will not forget them. When your doctor or nurse comes to see you, refer to your list of questions.
- We want you to understand everything we are doing for you or your loved one. If you didn't understand the answer to your question, ask the person to explain the answer to you again until you understand.
- Please don't leave visiting children unattended.
- There are areas in the hospital that visitors can't go into. Please read all signs in the area that you are in.
- You may hear what is called a “code” over the speakers. If you need to do anything special, your nurse will inform you.
Consult-A-Nurse® is a free service we offer to help our patients with a variety of healthcare-related needs.
Our nurses are here for you.
Our nurses and referral specialists are available to assist you with:
- Answering healthcare questions
- Finding a doctor and making an appointment
- Registering for classes and events
You can contact our nurses 24 hours a day by phone.
Plus Care Network
If your doctor recommends additional care to aid in your recovery after leaving the hospital, such as inpatient rehabilitation or at a skilled nursing facility, we can help.
Through our Plus Care Network, we have developed a network of agencies who meet our standards and can provide the help you need.
It is your right to choose your post-hospital facility/agency, but as part of our commitment to patient care, it is our responsibility to help you choose the one that will best meet your needs.
The DAISY Award
The DAISY Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day.
Recognizing excellence in nursing
HCA Florida Lake City Hospital is happy to honor our nurses by participating in the DAISY Award initiative. The DAISY Award is an international award that was established to give thanks to nurses who provide exceptional patient care.
Navigating the healthcare process
HCA Florida hospitals are dedicated to supporting our patients and helping them navigate the healthcare process.
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
MyHealthONE allows you to manage all parts of your healthcare easily and securely
- View health records - lab results, physician notes, imaging reports and more
- View your post-visit summary
- Schedule a follow-up appointment
- Share your health records with a physician or caregiver
- And more