Trauma centers provide highly-trained physicians, specialists, critical care nurses and support staff who are available around the clock to care for your most serious healthcare needs. Trauma centers often provide burn care for individuals suffering from minor to severe burns.
Trauma surgeons in Miami
When you or a loved one has experienced a severe injury, you can trust HCA Florida Kendall Hospital to be there for you.
We have earned the designation of Level I Trauma Center from the Florida Department of Health and are verified as a Level I Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons. HCA Florida Kendall Hospital is one of only two trauma centers in Miami-Dade County. As a Level I Trauma Center, we are proud to offer the highest level of trauma care to both adults and children.
Learn more about our related specialties
Features of our Level I Trauma Center
Our Level I Trauma Center in Miami offers:
- Anesthesiologist available 24/7
- Commitment to teaching and research efforts related to advancements in trauma care
- Continuance of care through physical therapy and rehabilitation as well as behavioral health services
- Dedicated operating room for trauma surgery
- Highest level of trauma care available
- Immediate access to a full range of specialists
- Advanced technology and medical equipment
- Support group for trauma patients and their families
- Trauma education and prevention to local communities
- Trauma surgeon on site 24/7
Our trauma team is led by a trauma surgeon and may also include:
- Case managers
- Emergency medicine physicians
- Heart surgeons
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Respiratory therapists
- Social workers
- Trauma nurses
The difference between a trauma center and an emergency room (ER)
Our trauma center is a special division within our emergency department.
It is equipped to provide emergency medical services to patients suffering extreme, life-threatening injuries, such as gunshot wounds, severe burns and traumatic car crash injuries.
We are able to provide rapid assessment of injuries so you can receive the treatment you need quickly. Additionally, a trauma surgeon will be available within minutes of your arrival.
Dr. Mark McKenney describes trauma care's "Golden Hour"
Dr. Mark McKenney discusses the critical one-hour window that occurs after a patient is subjected to trauma, and the specific measures that should be taken during this time.
Your Level 1 Trauma Center in South Florida
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.
Looking for another location?