Gastroenterology is the field of medicine relating to the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterologists focus on the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, this includes a range of organs starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum.
Digestive health specialists in Largo, Florida
Digestive disorders may feel uncomfortable or embarrassing, but you are not alone.
At HCA Florida Largo Hospital, our experienced team of gastroenterologists are committed to improving your digestive health. To do this, we offer a wide range of gastrointestinal (GI) services and stomach pain treatments. We can help you with conditions such as acid reflux and celiac disease.
Common GI conditions we treat
We treat all sorts of symptoms and conditions that impact your digestive health, including:
- Acid reflux disease
- Celiac disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis A, B and C
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Kidney stone
- Lactose intolerance
- Liver disease
- Liver tumors
- Metabolic disorders and conditions
- Pancreatic cancer
- Severe stomach pain
Digestive health treatments we provide
Most GI conditions can be easily treated but others require more in-depth care. Whatever you need, we've got you covered with services that include:
GI surgical treatments
In the Hepatobiliary Center of Transplant Institute of Florida, we can treat you for liver, pancreas and gallbladder conditions. We treat cancer as well as noncancerous conditions that may be viral, bacterial or parasitic in nature.
Some of the most common procedures we perform include:
- Appendicitis surgery
- Esophageal surgery
- Gallbladder removal surgery
- Gallstone removal surgery
- Ovarian cyst surgery
- Stomach surgery
Our center provides rapid access to exceptional multidisciplinary care with a dedicated hepatobiliary staff. Together, we develop a customized treatment plan to meet your unique needs.
Liver disease treatments
We proudly provide liver transplantation and other treatments for liver conditions. Our hepatologists and highly trained specialists and provide:
- Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy to diagnose and treat conditions like bile duct issues, cancer, inflammatory strictures and leaks from a surgical procedure.
- Bile duct resection and reconstruction to help you digest food by allowing bile to flow freely from your liver to intestines.
- Chemotherapy and targeted therapy to manage and treat one of the most common types of primary liver cancer.
- Conformal beam radiotherapy to take the shape of a tumor and precisely treat it using radiation beams.
- Endoscopic surgery to treat a variety of conditions in critical sections of your brain, skull base and upper spine.
- Radiofrequency or microwave ablation to treat primary liver cancer, liver tumors and cancers that have spread to the liver.
Looking for a location?
The Healthy Living Blog
Fresh knowledge and insights in and around healthcare industry.