Psychiatry Residency Program at HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital
Learn more about our Psychiatry Residency Program at HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital in Tamarac, Florida.
Welcome From Our Program Director
Thank you for your interest in our graduate medical education Psychiatry Residency Program.
Our staff includes physicians who specialize in psychiatry and many are certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the American Osteopathic Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Our Psychiatry Pavilion is a beautiful, freestanding, state-of-the-art behavioral health facility located on the campus of HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital.
- ERAS#: 1401100956
- NRMP#: 2232400C1
HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital Psychiatry Residency Program is a four-year, ACGME-accredited, psychiatry resident training program.
We are located in Tamarac, Florida, at our 317-bed acute care hospital. It includes 60 inpatient psychiatry beds with four inpatient psychiatric units, including a specialized Child and Adolescent Unit and Geriatric Unit.
The residency program was founded in 2012 and currently has 32 total funded positions.
Opportunities at our residency include but are not limited to experience in:
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Child and adolescence psychiatry
- Forensic psychiatry
- Addiction psychiatry
- Consult liaison
- Electric convulsive therapy
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation
- Emergency psychiatry
The programs’ goal is to create well-trained psychiatrists with a variety of educational training opportunities to prepare residents for the evolving and challenging field of Psychiatry.
Curriculum and rotation schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident and fellow physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Our program director and staff
Our team is comprised of skilled experts with deep experience and knowledge from which residents and fellows can benefit.
Ethan B. Kass, DO
Our core faculty
- Nelson Hernandez, MD - General Psychiatry
- Krithika Iyer, MD - General Psychiatry, Child-Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mustafa Pirzada, MD - General Psychiatry, Child Adolescent Psychiatry
- Daniel Chervony, MD
- Jacqueline Boutrouille, MD - General Psychiatry, Addiction Medicine
- Paula Francis, MD - General Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry
- Raul Rodriguez, MD - General Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry
Benefits to training with us
- Diverse clinical experience with a wide array of patient populations
- Exposure to child and adolescent psychiatry as well as geriatric psychiatry starting PGY 1 Year
- ECT/TMS/Ketamine/IOP/PHP and Consult Liaison Experience
- Program history of a 100 percent pass rate on board exams
- Excellent work/life balance
- Beautiful weather year-round
- 20 minutes away from Fort Lauderdale Beach
- 45 minutes from Miami
- Strong faculty retention
- Diverse faculty and resident makeup
- Generous resident benefits and resident salary
The training program includes robust didactic education including:
- DSM review
- PRITE review
- Journal club
- Case presentations
- Simulation lab
Additionally, we hold live, weekly interviews in which first-year residents interview patients in front of our Program Director and peers to receive feedback on both the interviews and their proposed treatment plans.
- 1st Year: $52,770
- 2nd Year: $54,270
- 3rd Year: $55,770
- 4th Year: $57,270
- 20 days PTO
- Free breakfast/lunch/dinner in Hospital Cafeteria
- Cell phone and service
- Educational expense reimbursement
- ACLS/BLS training
- Training license paid by the program
- Access to purchase HCA Healthcare Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance with employer assistance
- 401k matching
- HCA Healthcare stock purchase program
The hospital will provide worker’s compensation insurance, consistent with the hospital’s benefits program.
The HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital Psychiatry Residency Program's mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders.
As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values and ideals.
Frequently asked questions about our Psychiatry Residency Program
You can find answers to the most common questions about our program below.
How many residents enter the program each year
Eight residents enter our program each year.
Are you ACGME accredited
We have initial ACGME Accreditation after transitioning from AOA.
Is there a COMLEX/USMLE cutoff?
- COMLEX Step 1 – higher than 470
- COMLEX Step 2 – 489
- USMLE Step 1 – 210
- USLMLE Step 2 CK – 225
- USLMLE Step 2 CS – Pass
Is moonlighting allowed?
Residents are allowed to pursue moonlighting opportunities following the PRITE Exam within their PGY 3 Level of residency upon approval of the Program Director and DIO.