Family Medicine Residency at HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital
Our program offers residents exposure to multiple disciplines including cardiology, geriatrics, OB/GYN, orthopedics, pediatrics, psychiatry and surgery.
Welcome from our Program Director
The Family Medicine Residency Program at HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital is a three-year ACGME accredited program with a total of 18 positions. We provide residents with balanced academics and exposure to multiple clinical disciplines.
- ERAS: 205033
- NRMP: 1771120C0
Have any questions? Reach out to us!
For more information, please contact our program coordinator.
Residents are instructed on fundamental clinical skills, diagnosing and managing a broad range of clinical problems and providing evidence-based direct patient care. The family medicine curriculum is tailored to meet or exceed all ACGME requirements for the American Board of Family Medicine.
We are committed to providing you with an excellent and safe clinical learning environment created by our knowledgeable and compassionate faculty.
During the three years of your residency, you will have your own continuity practice in all venues. You will gain expertise in office, hospital, emergency, home and residential settings. You will choose a committee based on your interests to aid in shaping your leadership skills and help you stay ahead of the curve.
You will participate in academic research projects, their presentations and publication. You will be a mentor to medical students and upon your graduation, we hope you will consider practicing here at HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital.
Throughout your residency here at HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital, we offer:
- A strong academic program and nationally recognized faculty in a friendly and an all-brand-new facility
- Close working relationships with your peers and faculty to enhance your learning experience and mentor
- Focus on ABFM (Board) Exam preparation throughout the year, as well as your future endeavors in clinical practice
- Attendants who enjoy teaching and encourage hands-on learning
- Competitive salary in a desirable, livable, low-cost, moderate-sized city thriving with cultural activities and minutes away from a broad range of outdoor activities in and around Jacksonville, Florida
- Exciting new training opportunities in ultrasound, simulations, lifestyle medicine, and much more.
HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program
Learn more about our programs!
Check out our facilities, faculty and more using our online program guides.
Curriculum and rotation schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide residents and fellow physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Our Program Director and staff
Our team is comprised of skilled experts with deep experience and knowledge from which residents and fellows can benefit.
Our didactic sessions are held on most Wednesday afternoons from noon until 4:00pm or 5:00pm.
We have utilized a combination of remote sessions via WebEx and in-person sessions held in a large, newly built classroom.
Our didactics typically involve a guest speaker, a faculty presentation and resident presentations. We use a variety of platforms such as interactive Kahoot quizzes, journal clubs, flipped classrooms, etc. to keep didactics engaging, interactive and fun. We occasionally provide lunch or treats, though residents can always grab their food from the hospital cafeteria.
Resident and Fellow Well-Being Committee
The Resident and Fellow Well-Being Committee's (RFWBC) mission is to bring awareness to the importance of resident and fellow physician well-being, and to support residents' and fellows' efforts to be healthy, build resilience and find meaning and joy in their work.
The group works to achieve this by planning resident social events, developing a wellness curriculum and disseminating resources and training on stress management, burnout recognition and resiliency. The RFWBC is comprised of representatives from all GME fellowship and residency programs.
The committee organizes program-wide social activities and are advocates for initiatives that enhance well-being. The RFWBC has created a lactation room for nursing mothers and enhanced the GME presence within Orange Park Hospital through media and outreach.
The committee is active in developing interdepartmental quality improvement and research projects that provide holistic wellness initiatives for physicians.
Salary and benefits information
The following salaries are for the fiscal year 2022-2023 and may differ from future years' salaries.alaries.
- PGY1: $55,078, salary and $950, non-hospital meal stipend; total salary, $56,028
- PGY2: $56,701, salary and $950, non-hospital meal stipend; total salary, $57,651
- PGY3: $58,510, salary and $950, non-hospital meal stipend; total salary, $59,460
The hospital provides a comprehensive list of personal benefit package options. The most current plan, enrollment and renewal information may be found on the hospital human resources benefit site. Benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical benefits, dental and vision
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Up to six-weeks of continuous leave of absence during residency at 100% of base rate of pay.
- This paid leave is for a one-time event only
- Flexible spending accounts
- CorePlus voluntary benefits
- HCA 401(k)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employee stock purchase plan
- The hospital will provide worker's compensation insurance consistent with the hospital's benefits program.
- Professional memberships
- Conference and travel expense
- Cell phone
- Other board prep and educational expense
Vacation, sick or holiday
Each resident and fellow receives four weeks (excluding weekends) of annual paid leave for vacation, sick, holiday or other time away from work. Vacation requests must occur prior to the beginning of each academic year. The four-week annual leave does not carry over to the next academic year and residents and fellows will not be paid out for time unused.
The HCA Florida Orange Park Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program's mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders.
As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values and ideals.