Emergency Medicine Residency Program at HCA Florida Ocala Hospital
Welcome from our Program Director
Thank you for your interest in our program! We have a deep responsibility to train emergency medicine residents who are committed to delivering healthcare as it should be: patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter their circumstance. We are committed to retaining the physicians we train in order to better serve our community.
Our goal is to provide evidence-based, high-quality, compassionate emergency medical and surgical care to the citizens of Marion County as well as its adjacent counties while fostering a robust educational and research environment for future physicians.
- ERAS: 1101100200
- NRMP: 1587110C2
Have any questions? Reach out to us!
For more information, please contact our program coordinator.
The Emergency Medicine Residency at HCA Florida Ocala Hospital is an ACGME accredited program. We aim to provide the residents with the tools they need to begin the lifelong journey of learning in emergency medicine.
The didactic curriculum follows an 18-month repeating schedule that uses some lecture-driven sessions, while the majority of didactic sessions are small group discussions and interactive learning sessions, including several simulation sessions. The learner will also partake in a clinical environment ripe with the opportunity to learn the breadth and depth of emergency medicine.
- Provide a comprehensive curriculum to develop compassionate, highly competent, patient-centric and ethical emergency medicine physicians.
- Develop in our residents the skills necessary to accurately diagnose and treat patients with acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide residents with the tools to develop relationships and collaborate with colleagues across the professional continuum.
- Provide residents with the tools to have a strong impact on public health through community education and to become advocates for disease prevention.
- Graduate well-rounded physicians who successfully incorporate scholarly activity into their evidence-based practice.
- Establish a strong foundation and promote lifelong collegial mentorship to help develop future leaders.
The strength of our training program is the tremendous depth and breadth of our clinical care. We provide an academically and clinically rigorous training program in emergency medicine.
Our dedicated faculty provide our trainees with the basic and clinical knowledge, procedural skills, clinical judgment, professionalism and interpersonal skills necessary for a successful career and to develop as a leader in emergency medicine.
The curriculum is designed to provide a broad clinical exposure in acute and chronic care occurring in the inpatient and outpatient settings as well as extensive experience in the appropriate procedures. We are also committed to nurturing a robust interest in scientific investigation and evidence-based practice.
Learn more about our programs!
Check out our facilities, faculty and more using our online program guides.
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide residents and fellow physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Our Program Director and staff
Our team is comprised of skilled experts with deep experience and knowledge from which residents and fellows can benefit.
The following salaries are for the fiscal year 2022-2023 and may differ from future years' salaries.
- PGY1: $59,627
- PGY2: $61,395
- PGY3: $63,204
- PGY1: Three weeks (five working days plus weekend) per academic year
- PGY2: Four weeks (five working days plus weekend) per academic year
- PGY3: Four weeks (five working days plus weekend) per academic year
More than two continuous weeks of vacation must be pre-approved by the program director.
- Residents will accumulate 10 days of sick leave over each academic year.
- Available pending program director approval
- ACLS training and certification provided by the hospital at no charge
- Laptop computer to access electronic medical records and library from the hospital or home
- iPhone for daily email access and work contact
- Two lab coats intern year, one lab coat every year after
- Meals provided free of charge while on duty
- MKSAP question bank provided
- ABIM board review course
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage for both residents and family
- Disability policy, along with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Residents are automatically enrolled in a life insurance policy that offers a basic life benefit of $25,000.
- Professional liability insurance is provided.
- 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan
The HCA Florida Ocala Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency Program's mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders.
As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values and ideals.
Frequently asked questions about our Emergency Medicine Residency Program
You can find answers to the most common questions about our program below.
How many residents do you accept each year?
We accept up to seven residents per year.
What is the eligibility criteria required to apply to the program?
See How to Apply.
What is your accreditation status?
We are fully accredited by the ACGME.