At HCA Florida Kendall Hospital, we are dedicated to high quality clinical research and scholarly activity. Learn more about our clinical research.
Upon program completion, resident physicians should:
- Be familiar with basic research design and methodology
- Understand the process of conducing a research study, from IRB to manuscript submission
- Be able to understand and critically review scientific articles
- Be able to use research to inform clinical practice and appropriately explain research findings to patients
- Understand how research may be integrated into a physician's career
Christopher Ochner, PhD
Dr. Christopher Ochner serves as Director of Research for the East Florida Division and is available anytime for residents and GME faculty. Dr. Ochner completed a research-focused PhD in clinical psychology, received a number of research awards from the NIH and is a former research faculty member of the Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons.
Resources are also available to assist resident physicians and GME faculty in scholarly activities.
Please see our expanding list of research resources below. In addition, we provide one-on-one planning sessions, top notch mentorship and the opportunity to conduct impactful research while you are with us. Working with your Program Directors, GME core faculty mentors and research staff, you are assured access to the resources necessary to complete high-quality scholarly activity. We look forward to working with you.
HCA provides full-text access to over 3,000 electronic medical journals.
In addition, all HCA Florida Kendall Hospital residents and faculty have access to PubMed via Nova Southeastern University (NSU), which also provides a system of interlibrary loan for any articles not available for immediate download.