Learn more about Kendall Hospital and our graduate medical education programs. Residents can find information about orientation and living in the Miami area.
GME at HCA Florida Kendall Hospital
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital is a 417-bed, full-service hospital providing the residents of Miami-Dade County with 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services.
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including:
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals
- HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence
- The Joint Commission certification as a Primary Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Recognized by US News and World Report for receiving The American Stroke Association's Get With the Guidelines Gold Award for Stroke Care
- Recognized by the Joint Commission as a "Top Performer" on key quality measures
Orientation will be provided to all medical students on the first day of their rotation to acquaint them with hospital routines. Medical students are requested to report to the Graduate Medical Education Office, Kendall Medical Plaza Building, Suite 116 at 8:00am on the first day of their rotation. The student will not be allowed to assume floor responsibilities without orientation. The orientation is a combination of dynamic and interactive classroom presentations, small and large group discussions and simulation.
The orientation is separated into the following components:
- Hospital Orientation
- GME Orientation
- Department Day
- BLS, ACLS and PALS offered as needed
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Course (Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine and General Surgery)
- Clinical Documentation and Computer Training
Living in Miami
HCA Florida Kendall Hospital is located in Miami-Dade County, Forida. Miami is a major destination for tourism, industry and shopping. The city is constantly growing with many exciting neighbors to shop, dine and entertain.
Kendall is served by the Miami Metrorail at Dadeland North and Dadeland South stations in its northeastern end. Both stations provide metro service from Dadeland to Miami commercial centers like Coral Gables, Downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. Dadeland South station is a major transit depot in the area, connecting the southernmost suburbs of Homestead and Florida City to Metrorail via limited-stop bus rapid transit along the South Miami-Dade Busway.
For more information on Miami, visit the official travel and tourism site for Miami and Miami Beach.
The following organizations are not associated with HCA Florida Healthcare, but their websites may be helpful to potential residents or fellows:
- Accreditation Council for GME (ACGME)
- American Association for Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM)
- American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- American Medical Association Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME)
- National Institute of Health (NIH)
- The National Library of Medicine
- National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)