Infectious Disease Fellowship Program at HCA Florida Blake Hospital
Learn more about our Infectious Disease Fellowship Program at HCA Florida Blake Hospital in Bradenton, Florida.
Welcome from our program director
I would like to welcome you to the HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine GME: HCA Florida Blake Hospital Infectious Disease Fellowship Program.
Our program received initial accreditation with commendation by the ACGME in early 2020. The Infectious Disease fellowship supports one new fellow per year for two years of training.
- ERAS: 1461114214
- NRMP: 1899146F0
Have any questions? Reach out to us!
For more information, please contact our program coordinator.
Our program's goals are to:
- Improve life in a healing environment
- Train Infectious Disease fellows to be knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of common and designated specialty Infectious Disease capacities
- Develop fellows into leaders and role models in the field of Infectious Disease
- Nurture an academic environment of clinical excellence that is encouraged by meaningful research, effective communication, and lifelong learning
- Inform fellows on the fundamentals of high-quality and cost-effective patient care
- Prepare fellows to become autonomous practitioners in all aspects of patient care and advocates for the communities they serve upon graduation from the program
- The HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine: HCA Florida Blake Hospital Infectious Disease Fellowship Program aims to be the premier provider of exceptional care, concentrating on quality healthcare services for the community
- We strive to provide a therapeutic atmosphere that is focused on patient safety, clinical excellence and service, by treating every patient like family and offering services that address the dynamic needs of the local physician and patient populations
Curriculum and rotation schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Our program director and staff
Our team is comprised of skilled experts with deep experience and knowledge from which residents and fellows can benefit.
James DeMaio, MD
Our core faculty
- Stuart Offner, MD - Infectious Disease/HIV Infection Management
- Monica Corzo Pedrosa, MD - Infectious Disease
Fellows will regularly participate in the following conferences:
- Core curriculum conference series
- Clinical case conferences
- Research conferences
- Journal club
- Morbidity and mortality conferences
- Quality and improvement conferences
- PGY4: $59,738
- PGY5: $62,254
The HCA Florida Blake Hospital Infectious Disease Fellowship Program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders.
As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents' perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values and ideals.